Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Donna Segal, Self Portrait


Name: Donna Segal
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Position: Compositor
Current Employer: Rhythm and Hues Studios
What are some things you have worked on: Curious George, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Foodfight, Land of the lost, Aliens in the Attic, Cabin in the Woods.
What is the process you go through in doing your art, as well as the types of tools you use:
I love to draw, paint, doodle. I like to do digital illustration, sometimes scanning my roughs and cleaning them up in photoshop, flash or illustrator, depending on the look I'm going for. I enjoy all kinds of paint medium, mostly oils and watercolours, as well as pastels. I also enjoy photography and am just starting to teach myself sewing.

What inspired you to become an artist: I have always had a leaning to the arts I think I fell in love with art making at the age of four.
What is your most favorite subject to draw/why: I have a broad range of subjects, depending on what I'm feeling at that moment, I do love to represent dance and dancers visually, that would probably be my favourite subject.
Any tips you can give: strive for progress, not perfection, and be kind to your artistic self!
Favorite Artists: Edgar Degas, William Kentridge, Wakako Katayama, Tadahiro Uesugi to name a few.
Favorite Animated Movie: The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Kiki's delivery service, Grave of the Fireflies, The Triplets of Belllville, Ponyo, Spirited away, Paprika.
Hobbies: Dancing (ballet,flamenco,samba), yoga, swimming, cooking, life drawing, finding out about different cultures, cooking up creative projects, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment