Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lovely ~little alien :oD





Name : Amy Gohal (Lovely - little alien :oP)
Location : Los Angeles
Position : Technical Animator
Current Employer : Rhythm and Hues


What are some things you have worked on : "Bohemibot" Academy Award winner of student short film for 2009, "As Seen on TV" a short film by Jay Shuster and Justin Graham, "What a dodo" short film by Joshua Slice. I'm a Creature TD so I did the rigging for all the above listed.
What inspired you to become an artist: I grew up watching cartoons. Hell i still watch cartoons if at all possible. I've loved animation since I was young and always knew I wanted to be a part of something big. I found myself in comics as a youngster and fell in love with that as well. Since I've collected loads of comics and appreciate all aspects of artists.

What is your most favorite subject to draw and why: I love drawing people. Im a people watcher. I can go to a mall, sit in a park or sit on a train and draw people all day. However I find myself drawing more cartoony animals and creatures sometimes.


What is the process you go through in doing your art, as well as the types of tools you use: I ussually start with pencil sketches and then light inks.. popping that into photoshop or illustrator is the next step... I never really feel anything is "finished". I go back to old pieces all the time and look at them to play with them and see what they would look like in different tones and shades. I find myself doing photography and 3d work alot more lately due to my job and just because I find everything, every experience to have its own artistic feel to it.

Any tips you can give: Never stop what you're doing, never settle, always push forward even when you feel blocked.. just dont stop.
Favorite Artist: Dali, Hieronymus Bosch, Khalo, Jim Lee, Clayton Crane, Marko Durjevic, Gabrielle Delotto, Humberto Ramos, Stuart Immomen, Skottie Young, Francisco Herrera, Chris Bachalo and the list goes on....

Favorite animated movie: that is so hard to answer.. I love alladin. I've always loved and felt immensely towards beauty and the beast, favorite CG up until recently would have been monsters inc but then came "Up." This is a hard question for me to answer because my list is soo long.. but those are a few at the top of it.

Hobbies: Making people laugh.. Comic book collector who previously worked at a comic book shop so... Comic book collector. Also rollerblader, reading, movie addict.. adventurous type, art of many kinds including photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment