Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jessa Sininger


Name: Jessa Brianne Sininger

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Job Position: Cloth/Hair TD by day Sketch Fiend by night

Current Employer: Sony Pictures Imageworks

What are some things you have worked on: Night at the Museum 2, GTA 4, Gears of War 2, Ben 10 Alienforce, Sid the Science Kid

What is the process you go through in doing your art, as well as the types of tools you use: I start out just scribbling down some gestures till I get an idea and/or how I think the pose should go. From there I start to work on the anatomy. I tend to deal with simple shapes a lot for my characters. I'm a stickler for details so I have to pull myself back to not get too trigger happy with it in the beginning stages of the sketch. For my main tools of the trade I'm content with just a 3b pencil and a sketchbook. I use Photoshop for coloring.

What inspired you to become an artist: When I was 8 I saw Pocahontas in the theater. After watching it I knew I wanted to be an animator

What is your most favorite subject to draw/why: People, I have a lot of fun drawing them.

Any tips you can give: Stay loose. That was the key I learned a little too late in the game. Make sure you gesture draw things before getting anatomy right etc. Also watch out for contour drawings they can kill ya.

Favorite Artists: Michelangelo, Iain McCaig, Glen Keane, Beauguereau, Brian Froud

Favorite Animated Movie: Aladdin

Hobbies: reading, cooking, writing, drawing, running, roller blading, swimming, and watching movies

No comments:

Post a Comment