Saturday, June 27, 2009

Teresa T.C. Yau

Name: Teresa T.C. Yau

Location: Orange County

Job Position: UI Artist/Illustrator/Life Drawing Afficionado

Current Employer: Freelance

What are some things you have worked on:
Some indie film intro back in college, several kid titles for DS, Wii, PC, and some random websites.

What is the process you go through in doing your art, as well as the types of tools you use:
My design process begins with pen/pencil sketches/storyboards first, then rough mock up in Photoshop, and final execution in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, AE, or whatever. When I paint digitally I try to emulate traditional techniques and rarely use layers or blending modes.

What inspired you to become an artist:
Most likely Anime, hahaha... Oh anime...

What is your most favorite subject to draw/why:
Heads. So much to learn! So much to explore in hue/temperature/saturation change. So many planes to play with!

Any tips you can give:
Don't lose your inner child/creative spirit! I know I did and am still struggling to find it...

Favorite Artists:
Everyone! <3 ( But I REALLY love Leyendecker!)

Favorite Animated Movie:
Sleeping Beauty and Ratatouille

Hobbies: Spending time with loved ones, partyin, cooking, baking, fishing, cycling, taking my doggies out, not playing WoW.

http://www.tyaudesign.com/

6 comments:

  1. super cute portrait! ^_^ love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool style, really cool colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! i'm glad to be here! hopefully the topics will inspire me to actually draw outside of work. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm lovin the portrait! :D

    ReplyDelete